Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dear Grandparents

Dear Grandparents,
I know I never met three of you, but I still miss all four of you. I see other people with their grandparents and wonder what it would be like. I got to know Nana for a few years, but it never seems like it was long enough, and honestly, I'm starting to forget even that. That scares me.

I wish I could ask all of you for advice. I wish I could ask you all what your childhood was like and what my parents were like. I wish you were all here at my graduation, and I wish you were going to be here for the day I get married down the road. I wish I could give you a hug on grandparents day instead of taking flowers to your graves.

I know everyone says you probably get a front row seat from heaven to see what I'm up to, but I'm only human, and I wish you were here.

I love you all ♥

1 comment:

  1. i love you Kathleen! and i feel the same way! i cannot wait til i can give them a HUGE hug in heaven(:

    ReplyDelete